Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What You May or May Not Want to Know About DW

My fellow blogger, Betsy, tagged me so here it is:

EVERYTHING YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY HUSBAND!
1. Where did you meet? We knew each other since elementary. We grew up 2 blocks apart, went to the same Church, had brothers the same age, our siblings were in the Church youth group activities together, and my friend in 2nd and 3rd grade lived next door to him. Saw him all the time. However, it wasn't until my friend Becky and I were riding around in her Camaro with the t-tops off and I jumped up out of the top waving like crazy because I thought it was someone else, did he see me in a different light. I went to the pool a lot that summer and Jennfier Whitehead (Pendleton) was a lifeguard and a good friend of mine and she kind of set us up for a real date. Our first date was to the Old Settler's Reunion on July 28, 1990. Of course we went with Jennifer and Chris B. I don't remember when we had a date and it was just the two of us. We were always with other people.

2. How long did you date. We dated for about 2 years before getting engaged, and then about another year before we married.

3. How long have you been married? 15.5 years

4. What does he say that surprises you? I love you. (he isn't the real lovey-dovey type.)

5. What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? His dry since of humor.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? NO, I don't think so.

8. What is his favorite color? white

9. What is his favorite food? Steak - grilled or chicken fried

10. What is his favorite sport? Car Racing - Nascar or drag racing, it doesn't matter.

11. When and where did you first kiss? In his pickup in my Mother's drive

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to the races

13. Do you have any children? Yes, two daughters

14. Does he have a hidden talent? No, not that I can think of at the moment.

15. How old is he? 39

16. Who said "I love you" first? He did.

17. What is his favorite type of music? Rock-n-Roll (Van Halen, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, etc.) and older country like Tom T. Hall, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, etc.

18. What do you most admire about him? He is a Christian and loves his family. I think when you marry your husband, you first love him for who he is but then when you have children together, you love him more and differently for the Daddy they become.

19. Do you think he will read this? No, not unless I show it to him!

20. Where did you go on your first date? Oops, I covered this in the #1 above. We went to Red Lobster with Jennifer and Mike for our second date.

Okay Betsy, I did it. I don't think there is anyone else for me to tag. If you are out there and want to participate, tag you're it.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I played along... it was FUN!