Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Amy Mac this is For You

My last post was about how much fun we had at the races a couple of weekends ago. My friend Amy asked how come I didn't post about the spring races when we went with them (because I wasn't a blogger yet, duh). They have tickets for the fall races as well but Vance is a football coach and can't go and won't let Amy go without him. So the fall races, we have to make do without them. So here is a recap of the Spring.

For the last couple of years we have gone to the spring races with Amy and Vance. Vance and Darrell have been friends since kindergarten and have LOTS of history, right Amy? Anyhoo, we always have a very good time, but this was the first race weekend that we took our camper. The boys took the camper up on Thursday night and almost blew away. If you remember, there were all kinds of tornadoes up in that area that night. When Amy and I called the next morning, the boys didn't even know that they were almost carried away to the Land of Oz. Amy and I finally arrived Friday around noon and picked up where the boys left off. Big and Rich were in concert Friday night so my sister and her family came and stayed with us. We had a Big and Rich time. There are actually photos of DW but I'm a little scared to post them because I might offend someone. Most of you have seen it already anyway - it would be old news. After the concert we headed back to the campsite for a bite to eat and then we were headed to the camping ground across the street where all the partying goes on. Vance and Darrell went ahead of us and Amy I followed later. We found Vance but DW disappeared. He did this again on Saturday night. Oh well, he doesn't know what fun he missed out on. Here are a couple of pictures that Vance the tourist took. I think Amy said he took hundreds of pictures but she weeded through them and sent these.
I love this picture of me and Amy. She is my complete opposite but we get along fabulous. I thank God everyday that Vance married her.
(You get my drift Amy?)

This is Vance in one of the tent shops.
Isn't this a cool picture - the track reflected in her sunglasses?
Amy, thanks for being such a great friend and making me remember how much fun we had. I have been smiling and laughing the whole time I wrote this. I think I am going to have to come see you guys, soon.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

How fun! Love the picture with the race in the sunglasses. We need to catch up soon!!

Amy McAnally said...

I feel so included now. Thanks. Come see us soon. (Or just come see me and the boys - ha)