Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Internet Frustrations

When you live in the country your internet options are few and far between. We currently have wireless service through Hometown Computing via a tower at Blue Ridge that is probably going to fall into the gravel pit. To make a long story short, I have not had internet service at my house for 2 weeks. I have had tons of things I want to blog about, and yes I can do it at work, but I can't upload my pictures here, unless I unplug everything from my home computer. (Was that a run on sentence or what.) So I am going to tell you about everything I wanted to blog about.
1. Three weekends ago we spent Saturday afternoon and night with the McAnallys. Amy and I toured the pawn shops looking for bikes. After we ate, Amy took the children to these little gum-ball machines where they have trinkets in them. Each kid could pick what they wanted. Funny guy Gage picked a grey mustache and came out of the restaraunt prouder than punch. It was hilarious. He kind of looked like Captain Kangaroo. (Hopefully I can post this picture soon. No pressure Hometown.) Then we headed to the dirt track in Kileen for Saturday night racing and a demolition derby. The kids loved the derby.
2. Reagan has learned to ride her bike. Thank you Dadu for teaching her. I know you said she learned on her own but you instilled the confidence she needed. And for Mother's Day, DW and the girls gave me a bike. Almost every night, Reagan and I ride to the end of our road and back a couple times. This is quite a feat if you have seen the grade up to our house and she doesn't have gears on her bike. However, last night when we were riding, she decided to try to look back to see where me and Iaka (our dog) were, and she slipped and fell. She skinned her knee up pretty good. Her Daddy told her that that wouldn't be the last bike wreck and she said, "And it probably won't be the worst."
3. We went to the dentist the other day and he was talking to Reagan about school and that she was probably just marking time since she didn't have any big test to finish. She quickly told him that they had just finished the TEMI test and so they were done. This cracked me up because for one thing, he doesn't know diddly about TEMI and secondly, Reagan was dead serious.
4. Henlee is growing by leaps and bounds. She is constanly wearing everyone's shoes. I think DW and I better start saving our money because she is definitely a shoe gal.
5. All of my clothes closets and drawers are cleaned out. Yea for me. Now on to the toy closet. I think I should just set a bomb off in this closet and get my friend Patrick to seal it up. They may be easier than trying to sort through the mess.
6. Softball is almost over and I think it is time. Our team started off with a bang and now are struggling. When you aren't winning (specifically getting creamed), the kids are less forgiving of mistakes made by their teammates and aren't very nice and feelings get hurt, yada yada yada.
7. On a happier note, we are headed to my sister's for the long weekend. Lots of sun and fun.
8. I forgot to add this: Reagan and I are going to see Taylor Swift in September with another Mom and daughter. We are so psyched.
I think this post was more for me than all of you because I was feeling the need to blog. I hate that I can't share my pictures with you, but I am hopeful that Larry and his crew will get it fixed SOON. In fact, I think I will call them right now. Ciao

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I so agree with the softball statement! I am ready for it to be over... My daughter is so competitive and getting creamed the other night is making her crazy. Lets hope for better games in the last days to come! Have fun this weekend :)

Betsy said...

I've been wondering where you are, and I SO feel your pain on the internet... We have satellite internet. I often refer to it as our "country-fried" internet, becasue it can be PAINFULLY slow, and if the weather is bad, well, just FORGET IT.

Glad you're back!

Bonnie said...

I know, I just got my internet about four days ago. We have been living in the stone ages! And it's the same scenario here on base, you have two options for internet. I hope that it doesn't become an issue.

Oh, and congrats on the concert! I went to my first concert about Reagan's age and I still remember it! I had so much fun... but I got to see George Strait's butt.

Anonymous said...

The other mom and daughter are so excited about seeing Taylor Swift. And at least you have an excuse for not blogging, I'm just not blogging.

Amy said...

Good to see you blogging again!! Loved the little catch-up!!

I must know the details about Taylor Swift. Kate is her biggest fan and I would love to surprise her!!

I feel your pain with Henlee being a shoe gal. BOTH my girls are shoe fanatics! Kate gets more shoes when school starts every year than I do in several years combined!!:)