Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today, Darrell and I have been married for 15 years. WOW! It is hard to believe. For those of you who don't know how DW and I ended up together, I will try to give a short synopsis. We grew up about 2 blocks apart, we went to the same church, etc., but it wasn't until Jennifer (Pendleton) Whitehead and Mike Thompson set us up that we started dating the summer before my senior year. The rest is history.

Let me see if I can come up with 15 reasons why I love ol' DW:

1. His faith and love for God. This is tantamount to a strong relationship.

2. He loves our little girls with all his heart.

3. He loves my family. This is very important to me because my family is VERY CLOSE.

4. He is a Lutheran. This made it very easy for us to build our relationship on. There was no squabbling about where we would go to church or what church we would raise our family in.

5. He has a great family.

6. He is very funny. I know many of you haven't seen this side of him. But he can make me laugh like there's no tomorrow.

7. He enjoys the simple things. A ride in the country, sitting on the porch.

8. He introduced me to NASCAR.

9. He makes very good decisions for the betterment of our family.

10. He is very handsome with his gray hair and long eyelashes.

11. He cares about his appearance.

12. He can cook.

13. He can wash clothes.

14. Did I say he was handsome?

15. He loves me.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Thanks a ton for the info yesterday. We actually booked a few days at the Lazy L & L that afternoon. We were planning a trip to Schlitterbahn anyway and decided to kill two birds with one stone. I am so excited!! Let me know if you have any more advice about that area.

Do you think the river will be safe for us and the kids to tube together?? I am a little nervous about that...of course, Jason has no fear!! Thanks!

Shelley said...

Happy Anniversary!

Betsy said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys have been married even longer than us!!! (and that's saying something!! ha ha!!)