Sunday, September 14, 2008

Domestic Diva

Soccer Season began this past weekend. Reagan's team didn't fair so well but she had a good time. My house is always the cleanest during soccer or basketball season because it forces me to stay at home at least through Saturday morning. After the soccer game on Saturday, we went straight home and I started cleaning. Reagan invited a friend over and they played all afternoon. Of course, Henlee decided she didn't want to take a nap on Saturday, but between Reagan watching and playing with her, I was able to complete the daunting task. Then I invited our friends Dave and Beck over for my once-a-year dinner - chicken enchiladas. We always eat at Beck and Dave - usually once a week. They have a great patio, the kids play outside, and Beck will grill something. She loves to cook. I told her she has more patience for cooking than I do. Our house was buzzing with activity Saturday night. The big boys were watching Smoky and the Bandit for the one millionth time, the kids were playing with all of Henlee's toys (they make lots of noise), and Beck and I were trying to visit. We had a wonderful time. On Sunday we all went to Church. The Men's Club at Church was having a fish fry so I made meringue pies - chocolate and buttermilk. Then I folded and put away ALL the laundry - yea me.

For people who know me really well, know this is a lot of domestic activity for me in one weekend. However, next weekend, Darrell is going to the drag races in Ennis and I think I am due a trip somewhere, somehow.




R
Henlee's first soccer game.








My meringue pies.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Your pies look great!!!

Amy said...

Your pies are making me hungry!! Yum-O!!

Amy McAnally said...

I'm impressed. I can't do meringue.