Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let's Go Racing Boys

In only two days, my alter ego will appear. I will no longer be the doting Mother of two beautiful girls, the devoted wife, the loving daughter, or the ever-capable secretary, I become Nascar Nelly. Oh yea baby! I get all my racing gear (headsets, cooler, driver logo apparel, beverages) and head to Texas Motor Speedway for the weekend.

We will meet Vance and Amy up there Friday morning, set up camp, and head to the track. That afternoon my sister and her husband are coming over unless Lisa can talk her principal into letting the Teacher of the Year at Juan Seguin off a little early so she can come on over. (Please Mrs. Kathy let Lisa come over. I promise not to let her do anything I do.) Friday night after qualifying, Pat Green is in concert and then we will head to camp for a post-qualifying, post concert party. Saturday morning we will stagger around and head to the tract around 11:00 for the Nationwide race and then back to camp to start the Pre-race party for Sunday. Unfortunately, or fortunately whichever way you choose to look at it, DW and I will have to come back early Sunday morning for our niece's Confirmation and miss the big Sunday race. I sure hope you can handle it without me Vance, Amy, Lisa, and Lee.
I am sure that Vance the photographer will take plenty of pictures that I will share with you next week.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well, as I am NOT a NASCAR fan, it is hard for me to see the attraction... but my brother takes time out of his busy schedule every year for the exact same event. Therefor, I know that it is a big deal. So I hope that you have a great time! It is a bummer that your nieces confirmation and the race happen to be on the same day. But given that hers is a once in a lifetime thing, it will definitely be worth the drive back! Congrats to her! At least you will be there for the most important parts.... the parties !

Betsy said...

GIRL, WHEN WE LIVED IN DALLAS, WE WENT EVERY YEAR!!! WE ARE FANS... ONE OF MY CLAIMS TO FAME IS THAT MARK MARTIN IS MY COUSIN (ACTUALLY, HE'S MY DADDY'S COUSIN, SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME? 2ND COUSIN? SOMETHING LIKE THAT...)

Y'ALL HAVE FUN!!

Amy said...

Have a great time!!