Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday's Footnote

Okay, in last week's blog, I said that I wanted to start blogging about the books we are reading. I finished John Grisham's The Associate last weekend. I kind of gave you the synopsis last week and it was an okay book, I hated the ending. I don't like books that leave doors open and don't tell you exactly what happened and you basically have to finish it. Too many possiblities. You know I am a pretty black and white girl, I don't like much gray,

No I am reading Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin and almost done with it. It is an easy read. The main character, Ellen, is married to her best friend's brother, Andy. Andy is from a wealthy Southern family, a lawyer, an all around great guy. Ellen grew up in Pittsburg and lost her Mom to breast cancer while she was still in school. Needless to say, Ellen runs in to her first "true" love, Leo, which stirs up emotions she thought were long gone and replaced by her love for her husband. Will she stay in the secure, safe life she has with Andy or will she trade it for something that is a little darker and more mysterious? ( Just 30 more pages and I will find out.)

I really have enjoyed this book. It makes you do a little introspection of yourself. If you were Ellen what would you do? For me, I like safety and security, and the sensible and practical side of me chooses Andy.

By the way, Hometown is promising my country-fried internet (Betsy's term) will be up and running next week. I am holding them too it.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Country-fried internet SUCKS. Mine has been down for 2 days because of "weather related issues"...