Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm Leavin In A......

4-door Chevrolet pickup pulling a 5th wheel heading to Port Aransas for a week. Yea for me. Not as noble as spending a week doing missionary work in Honduras like my blogger friend Shelley (read about it here http://haleshousehold.blogspot.com)/ or as romantic as going to the Bahamas with my husband for our anniversary like Betsy (read about it here http://killianfamilynews.blogspot.com/), but I am headed with dear friends and family to do nothing that I really don't want to do and a lot of the things I do want to do - like read, visit, watch the kids be kids, drink fruity drinks, and worship the sun. I don't know about you but trying to make sure everyone has enough underwear for 8 days is quite a chore.
As you can tell, there are still no pictures and that equates to still now internet service at home. They are now blaming the electric company. Maybe by the time I get back, they will have all the kinks worked out.
Reagan is at softball camp this week in Midlothian. My cousin (who played softball for the Texas Aggies and also played on the 1996 and 2000 Olympic Softball teams) coaches in Midlothian and is having her camp this week. Ms. Reagan insisted on going even though her Mom was a little unsure. For one, she is staying up there with people she knows but it is not like she "knows" them if you get my drift. Secondly, she doesn't know anyone else at the camp besides Jennifer. I am astounded that she was this confident. I am very proud of her.
Another Reagan moment I have to brag about happened this past weekend at the local triathlon. Reagan did it and was very proud of herself. She did great in the swim (came out 2nd) but the transition (or as her Daddy calls it the pitstop) did not go so well for her. She fell way behind. Anyway, she finished and was proud of herself. The official accidentally named her as the 3rd place finisher in the girls her age division. Reagan was very excited to have the medal, yada, yada, yada. But I knew she didn't finish 3rd and told them. I also told Reagan and told her to think about how she would feel if she had really finished 3rd and they had given it to someone else. I left it up to her to make the right decision. She sat there a little while and then she walked over to the other girl and told her, "This medal is really yours. You finished 3rd." I was so proud of her.
Okay so now you want to know about little miss Henlee. Well, she is quite independent. Absolutely insists on feeding herself. If you don't let her, she won't eat. She loves to be outside and go up and down the porch steps - by herself none the less. It is hilarious to watch her back up to sit down on the steps. I wish I could show you a picture. Please say a prayer for Henlee on Friday that she is patient and takes a long nap on the trip to Port Aransas. This would help everyones' nerves a lot. Thank you.
Okay, now on to the book club thingy I was trying to get started. Are none of you reading out there or what? I am reading Brad Thor's Scot Harvath series right now. They are about a Secret Service Agent turned covert operative Scot Harvath who is constantly fighting the war on terror. I love CIA type books and I especially like series where the characters are recurring. I think I have 2 more books in his series before I am caught up.
Newsflash for all you Janet Evanovich's Plum series fanatics. Her new book, Finger Lickin' Fifteen hits the shelves on Tuesday. If you haven't read any of these books, you must. They are laugh-out-loud funny.
Have a great week and hold the fort down while I do nothing.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oooh, have fun! I can't wait to sit around doing nothing I don't want to do and everything I do want to do! Well, I kind of do that as it is...I'm a terrible wife. But it would be nice to not feel guilty about doing it. :-)

I CANNOT believe that you are still have issues with the internet! That is crazy!

Way to go Reagan! That is so impressive that she is that honorable! I'm proud of her. Anyone can finish a triathlon (well, maybe not anyone) but having that kind of integrity is rare! You should be proud!

Shelley said...

Have fun, sweet friend!!

Unknown said...

I wish we were going. Headed to Proctor with the leeches instead. Have fun.

What are the Plum series? Have I read any of them? I am in need of good book, just finished Love the one your With.

Betsy said...

OK...
#1. I am so excited to have a link in your post!!! Don't think I've ever been "linked" before!!

#2. Reagan is such a good girl... you should be proud of her AND her decision to give the medal to the other child.

#3. Have a fabulous time. Wish I was headed there with you!!!

#4. LOVE the Stephanie Plum series!!! I'll be buying #15 ASAP!!!!!

Amy said...

Can't wait for some PICTURES when you get back!! Dang internet!!! I bet Henlee looks like a different kid since we've "seen" her last!:)

Have fun!