Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not Much Luck Here

Okay here goes from beginning of vacation to present:

1. You all know Henlee was sick when we left and the PA prescribed a Sulfa based drug (which most likely Henlee is allergic to and she wasn't supposed to be exposed to the sun). I rebelled and did not give it to her. She was better by Sunday. Her poor thumb though began to look horrible. It had huge blisters and looked nasty. UPDATE: We saw Dr . Robbye yesterday for our 18 month well check and she gave us pencillin. Thank you Dr. Robbye. Henlee is in the 75% on everything.

2. I get sick on vacation. Started with a sore throat and one canker sore in my mouth on Wednesday. It all grew into huge canker sores and blisters in mouth by Friday. Running fever, couldn't eat or drink very well. Felt the worst every yesterday. UPDATE: Saw Dr. Robbye at the same time as Henlee. She have me some mouthwash that numbs my mouth so that I can at least drink a little and swallow a little yogurt or ice cream so I can take my meds(I wanted I diet plan that was fool proof, I guess I got it) and some anti-viral medicine. I think Henlee had Hand-foot-mouth and kindly gave it to her mother. Anyhoo, I am at least up to 75% today.

3. We got ready to pull out on Saturday from the coast and we had a flat on our 5th wheel. Thank goodness DW is always prepared and the other guys helped out and it was changed in no time. It was hotter than HADES that morning. We were all soaked and changed clothes before we left.

4. We got home Saturday afternoon around 4:30. I felt like junk. We carried in all the dirty clothes and sheets and towels. Need I remind you we were gon 8 days, 3 adults sometiems 4 and at least 2 sometimes 3 children were living in our trailer. Do the math girls. Lots and lots and lots of laundry. I knew that it would take me all day Sunday just to get a grip on things so I started on Saturday. I went to move the third load to the dryer and my utility room floor was wet. My washer went out. Not just a hose but leaking from the tub. So Sunday morning we load all the clothes up in my Mother's car and she does it for me. Now my Mom likes to do laundry but when my Mom says "that was a lot of laundry" you know it was bad. Oh and did I mention that I still felt like crap.

5. Did you notice there are still no pictures? Well, I called when I got back and they really don't know when it will be fixed. The pole is up but now they are waiting on the Electric Company. My kids will be graduating from high school but I will still be posting pictures of when they were 8 and 1.

Have a great week. I know I am looking up because I don't think I can go down any further.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds like a Ben Stiller movie. You had so much craziness going on! I'm hoping that you'll be up to 100% by the time you get this!

The good news is it can only get better from here on out!

Unknown said...

I hope you get better. We got a trip to the lake coming up and you have to be 100% to be able to hang with us. lol

Shelley said...

Kristi, I think I am taking your advice and selling the shelves. I am having a garage sale next weekend, but if you really want them just call me and I will sell them to you early. I have three of them. Just ready for a change :) SDH