Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of 2nd Grade



Oh the start of school. I'm not sure who is ever more nervous, Reagan or me. Actually, I don't think she was nervous at all. She was very excited to see her friends and make new ones. Her homeroom teacher, Mrs. LeJune, is new to second grade and to HISD. Her reading teacher is Mrs. Chapman who reminds me so much of my sister. She knows every kids name and tells all of them that she loves them. She makes me want to be in second grade. We are looking forward to a great year.

The day had to start a little earlier for me today than it has for the last 3 months. We had breakfast to cook, lunch to pack, pictures to take, and a sister to load up. For Reagan's first day of second grade she had a chocolate chip waffle for breakfast. She informed me that she would toast her own waffle for tomorrow because I evidently toasted it a little long and it was crunchy, not how she prefers it. For lunch I fixed the ultimate pb&j, string cheese, a can of mandarin oranges, and water. She advised me when I picked her up that the lunch was good, she just needed more of it.

No homework this week - God Bless the second grade teachers. So after work we were able to come home and play with Iaka. She was ready for a little attention and schooling of her own. We are working on sitting, laying, and coming on command. I explained to Reagan that Iaka is a lot like kids are at school. You can't teach for too long because they lose interest. You have to be focus on a particular skill and then move on before she loses interest. She seemed to understand this.



Henlee is still in her pajamas at school. (Lisa, I know you are mortified but I assure you that she put regular clothes on at Bobbie's.)I was very thankful that she slept until we were ready to leave. Otherwise, that throws a few kinks in my plans and timing.


This is the only picture I have with Reagan on any of her first days of school. I am always the picture taker. After school, Reagan and I played around with camera and took pictures of ourselves.

Reagan has always had her picture taken with Gus on her first day of school - even preschool. I thought it pretty cool that we weren't going to miss a year of a picture with our dog. Lucky you Iaka.

And of course, Reagan and her Daddy.

We always have to meet Mom and Joy for the first day of school. Thanks Mom and Joy for being such Reagan fans.
Now on to the 2nd day of 2nd grade.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Reagan looked adorable yesterday. I cant believe how tall she is getting!

Amy said...

Awww...she looked so cute!! Such a sweet post!! Hope her second day is as good as the first. And pack that kid some more lunch!!:) My kids never get full at school because they make them shove their food down their throat without swallowing!! RUSH, RUSH!!!

Betsy said...

I can't TELL you how many days Gracie has accompanied us to school wearing her pajamas!! Makes me feel good that there are other "baby sisters" out there showing up in good ole' PJ's!!!

And, by the way, Reagan looked so cute... and so tall!! She's going to catch up to you quickly, Mom!!