Thursday, October 9, 2008

LIke Mother Like Daughter

Just a warning Lisa. You better go use the bathroom before you read this because I wouldn't want you to wet your pants.

Just a little background info for those of you who don't know me so well: When I was younger, my Mom used to hate to take me shopping because I would not buy a pair of pants without buying a shirt to go with them. Even if they were the best fitting, most fashionable, my most favoritest pair ever. When I wore that pair of pants, only the shirt that I bought (at the same time as the pants of course) would be worn. Regardless if they were black or blue and regardless if I had four different shirts that would match. I was the same way with hand-me-downs. If pants came without a shirt, I might as well not keep them because I wasn't going to wear them.
Present Day: Normally Reagan will pick her clothes out herself the night before. Last night, because we had soccer practice, we were a little later getting home. While the girls were in the bath tub, I went and picked out a pair of navy shorts with a white shirt for her to wear today. This morning when she goes to put on the clothes that I picked out for her she informs me that and I quote, "I am not going to wear those shorts unless I wear the shirt that goes with them." And being the great Mom that I am, I said okay, turned and smiled to myself. If I wasn't sure before that this was my child, I am now. Gotta Love It.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great story!! LOVE IT!!