Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Me and Reagan



My sweet sis, Lisa, and Henlee

Me, my Mom, sister, and brother, Everett

Grandma Jane, Reagan, and Henlee

Darrell, his Mom, and HenleeOkay, this is the third time I have started this and I can't decide where I want to go with it but I think I have figured it out. I was going to write about how blessed I am to be a Mom to two beautiful girls but I decided to look a little farther, so here goes:

Thank you Mom for raising me to love my family, love others, and most of all God. Thank you for loving my children and assuring me that I am making good decisions for them. Thank you for bringing me lunch so that I can work out at lunch. Thank you for helping me fold my clothes. Thank you for staying with me and rubbing my feet when I was sick. Thank you for being a pillar of strength. Thank you for going shopping with me, or going to Weatherford with me, or just going with me. Thank you for being MY MOM and Momo.

Jane, thank you for having a son that knows how to cook, that appreciates a clean house, and loves his family. Thank you for raising him to be a Christian man who leads his family to thank and praise God for our Blessings. Thank you for giving him great memories as a child that he wants to create those kind of memories for his own children. Thank you for being a Grandma to our children and loving them. Thank you for all the wonderful meals - on Sundays, Birthdays, while I was sick, etc. Thank you for being Darrell's Mom and Grandma Jane.

One of my favorite passasges in the Bible is Proverbs 22:6 - "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." My good friend Celia Kennedy gave me a cross when Reagan was born that had this verse on the back. Whenever I see this cross, I am reminded of the job I have. My Mom did it with me, Jane did it with Darrell, and now I will do it with my children. It is not easy but with God's strength helping me, Reagan and Henlee will one day fly.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What a great post! I am in tears :) Sorry your blog is still messed up. I dont know what is UP with it.

The Poe Family said...

Kristi,

That is one of the sweetest and most genuine things I have ever read. The blog looks good. I can't wait to add it to the others I check daily. I am not great at posting but I do love to read everyone's. Have a great day!!!

Gina

Amy said...

Beautiful!! And my sister gets most of Ava's bows at Storkland, but she does order a few at www.bloomingbows.com. I have a link to it from my blog!!

I loved this post!! You're doing a great job!!

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Hi Kristi,
Thanks for checking our blog, and now I can see your beautiful family too. You are such a sweet mom to your girls, and a great friend to my mom!
Take care.
Cara