Friday, December 5, 2008

Give Blood, Give Life

Last Sunday morning a 14 year old boy was killed and his 18 year old brother was severely burned in a car accident outside of Roscoe. They had been hunting with their father and were headed home to Midland. Anyway, their Father goes to church with my sister in Weatherford. I have been thinking and praying for this family all week because being an outsider that is about all I can do. I just finished reading their carenet page (you can go here to read more http://www.carepages.com/carepages/tylerseedig) and found that there is one more thing I can do and you can do also if you find it in your heart - give blood. If you give through Carter Blood Center and give them the sponsor number SPONO47291, they will credit your gift to him or just donate blood at the Red Cross or wherever because it is a precious thing. God gave each of us the ability to donate our blood to those in need and this is something we can do that costs us nothing - just a little time. I plan to donate this weekend while I am in Weatherford.
Please keep the Seedig family in your prayers. Tyler, the 18 year old, is having his first surgery today (the doctors say that he will probably have a surgery a week for at least the next 4 months), and the family is burying is 14 year old brother tomorrow. I can't imagine the emptiness this family is feeling right now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So sad. I can't imagine burying a child.