Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Fake Birthday

Because Reagan was blessed with being born on Christmas Eve, we have lots of fake birthdays throughout the month of December. This year for her "friends" birthday party, I decided to take them to a hotel for swimming. Now this seriously limited the number of friends she could invite but we had a blast. I picked all the girls up from school and we headed to Waco. Our first stop was at the mall to see Santa and then we headed to the hotel. They quickly changed into their swimsuits and we headed for the pool. They swam, at pizza, ate cake, and swam some more. Finally around 10:00 we headed to the rooms. They all took showers and then cozied up in the bed to watch Fred Clause. Two o the kids had to leave early the next morning for UIL events but the rest of us lounged around in our pjs. I fixed the girls hot chocolate in bed, they watched cartoons, and I, believe it or not, read my book for about an hour. Then we headed down to breakfast where I fixed waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fresh squeezed orange juice, cranberry juice, coffee, the works. Okay, maybe the hotel provided all of that but I did have to help the girls get it all together. After breakfast we headed upstairs to get our things and head home. We had a fabulous time and Reagan has some super friends. This may have to be a repeat birthday party. (Of course if we do it next year, I am sure that little sister is going to want to be a part of it as well.)




This week both my girls have their real birthdays. Reagan's is the 24th and Henlee's is the 26th. I think God thought I should only be stressed for one week of the year. I also think he was testing my faith - do you think?


2 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun party idea! Perfect for a small town kid! You must tell me who those little girls are! I recognize Reagan and one more, but the others look familiar, I just can't place them.

You're such a COOL Momma! I'm not sure I would have been so brave!;)

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday, Reagan and Henlee!