Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Lisa

Today is my favorite sister's birthday and here are a few reasons why she is my favorite:

1. She is my very best BFF ever and for always. Since I was born and despite being 10 years apart, my sister has been my very best friend in the whole wide world. I have never thought of her as just my sister. I went everywhere with my sister, even to college. During the summers, I would spend many weeks with her at her apartment and her friends were my friends. I still talk to them today, just ask Karen Krueger sometime if you see her. I had more fun going to college with my sister than I did when I went. One of the saddest times in my life was when we took my sister to college. I cried every weekend for at least a year when she would have to leave.

2. Her faith in God is amazing and contagious. I often joke that Lisa has "special connections" with God. When I make it to heaven one day and God tells me that he sent Lisa to be my angel on Earth, I will not be surprised.

3. She is a wonderful Mother, but she is an even better Aunt - just ask Reagan. There aren't even words to describe how much love Reagan has for her Aunt Lisa. They have had a special bond since Reagan was born and it just seems to grow stronger with time. Reagan cries everytime we leave Lisa's and can't wait for Christmas vacation so she can spend her time with Aunt Lisa.

4. She has a very warm and loving spirit about her. Everyone can see it. We can be in Wal-Mart and people see her and just start spilling their guts. Her students for sure see this. I was the one to get my actual degree in teaching but I always knew that my sister was the born teacher - she listens not only with her ears but mostly with her heart and her students know this.

As you can tell I love you very much and you are the reason I wanted Reagan to have a sister. I have to tell you, I think Henlee is going to love her big sis as much as I love you. Happy Birthday Lisa!!!

No comments: