Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reagan Gets Her Ears Pierced

****** UPDATE********* Yesterday at the end of my entry I mentioned that my niece's dance team (Weatherford Blue Belles) will be performing in the Adolphus Children's Parade. We just received news that they will LEAD THE PARADE and will be dressed as toy soldiers. They will be on stage for the entire opening number (5 minutes). There is also a strong possibility that they will have additonal TV time with the Why Guy on Good Morning Texas on Friday. They also perform on Saturday afternoon at Six Flags.

Reagan has wanted her ears pierced since she was very little, but being the mean Mom that I am, I told her she couldn't have it done until she could take care of her ears herself and change out the earrings by herself. Well boys and girls, we hit that milestone about 3 weeks ago. She decided that since she was turning 8 very soon, it was time. Off to Weatherford and then to Fort Worth we went.

Here Reagan and I before she the piercing. She looks a little nervous, don't you think?






Reagan was very brave and didn't even whimper. Reagan has meticulously taken care of her ears without much prodding or help from me. Her sister was very patient while she waited on us to finish. Many people suggested that I go ahead and get Henlee's pierced too. I politely said no thank you.

On another note, this weekend my niece, Rylee, will be dancing with the Weatherford Blue Belles in the Niemann Marcus Adolphus Children's Parade in Dallas. We are all going to watch and will be sitting in front of City Hall. They danced last year (they were the train conductors) but we weren't brave enough to go. This year we decided we couldn't miss this opportunity. Look for us on TV Saturday morning at 10:00 on Channel 8.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Way to go Miss Reagan. You are so brave! Dont tell Lainey that your momma let you get your ears pierced... she will be so jealous!